Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Are Men Really Needed?

Someone recently asked me why I never tell people what I'm thinking..I was pointed out that I'm always making jokes and fooling around but never actually talk to people what I'm thinking here's why :
Few months ago I read an article on Amazons. Yes the Wonder Woman kind of Amazons, apparently there are in Greek mythology.Amazons was supposedly a group of all female warriors they are all over the history they're in Troy (Trojan War) they're in Roman Empire they're literally everywhere cropping up in history where you wouldn't expect them to be. Hippolyta is one the most recognizable queen of Amazons.(In comics she's mother of Wonder Woman.I love how much some comics are based on some kind of mythology)


The things about Amazons is that there used to be no men in their groups so survival was what they needed.Now those weren't the days when sperm banks existed so they had to go mate with men of either other tribes or they'd capture men who'd wander around apparently lost and make them there slaves keep them for soul purpose of mating and having kids.When they had kids if the baby was a boy it was either killed or sent to father in other tribe.
Now for sometime I've been wondering does world really need men? I mean let's look at amazons they existed without men you might argue that in the end they needed men but what you forget is that they only needed men to have a kid.We live in 21st century now there are some scientific methods to have kids we also have sperm banks.Women today are equal to men they always have been whether or not men gave them equal status.They're smart,intelligent and generally less violent (I used generally women can get violent very violent).They occupy important positions in government and many industries.I have a sister and I can say she is far more smarter and well together than I've ever been I'm almost jealous sometimes of her life.She's got a good job,she has amazing friends,her boyfriend is also one amazing human being I get along just fine with him.No men has helped her reach where she is.
Let's suppose a world where only men existed.Now there's one generation of men but how to get the next generation?The world would end bloody.
Now imagine a world ruled by Amazons.
Can they build countries?Yes. (Indira Gandhi)
Can they drive?Yes.
Can they pioneer? Yes. (Coco Chanel)
Can they innovate? Yes. (Madam Curie)
the world would go on if women ruled.There might be less wars and lesser blood shed only thing wrong would be as Chris Rock says few countries not talking to each other.(side note-Chris Rock is a hoot).
So is the only reason we male exist to help world go on and on?to balance the nature..??
And I'm pretty sure by now you all sitting there judging me..any male reader laughing there ass off..
I know I'm weird I accepted that a long time ago but this was the weirdest thought I've ever had.
But then another thought came to me when I was watching Modern Family.
I saw Mitchell and Cameron taking care of Lily all by themselves.I saw Phil and realized he was the glue of their family holding them all together.He would help his kids.He would tell calm down Claire.He'd tell Claire she's beautiful.That is when I realized we're not needed but we're still important but not as we think we are.We forget that and often mistreat women I'm not saying you can't be angry on them or that females can't be wrong but don't go off telling them they can't do something or  molesting or berating them all over the place.
I hope this thought stays off my mind now.It's really annoying to be quite frank.And these are the kind of thoughts I try to not tell people about.This is like screaming come look I'm weird judge me.
PS: Daily Diaries is a judgement free zone :P

28 comments:

  1. I'm kind of in love with this post. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking out time to read it :)

      Delete
  2. I like this post. It asks tough questions.

    I think society definitely needs men. Years ago, women were underestimated, but now society has kind of gone to the opposite extreme where they are uplifting women (which isn't a bad thing), but are putting down men (which is a bad thing). Hello, we are all people and we are all important. It doesn't matter if you're male or female, the world needs you. Everybody has something to offer the world. Sure we all screw up sometimes, but we have our bright and beautiful moments too.

    I mean we talk about equality. And we blame white males for the historic repression of equality. So in the present, we look at them as unequal in the name of equality? What? How does that make sense?

    Okay, I'm beginning to see that my rant is only slightly related to your post. :P Oops.

    I don't know. I guess it just upsets me when people try to place a limit on someone else, anyone else, because of their size, their gender, their color, anything that could make them different. And it makes those people feel less important or inferior and that is such a lie that nobody should ever believe. I think our differences are important, not something that should be berated and looked down on.

    I guess I'm with Captain America. I don't want to kill Nazis. I just hate bullies.

    Anyways. This was a great post! And don't ever think you not needed, Neal. Because you're awesome. ;) And if people think you're weird, they're basically saying you're different or that they don't understand you. And there's nothing wrong with that. People don't take time to understand other people like they should. After taking a look at normal, I'm think I'm cool with being different. You can call me weird any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fine with being weird but it's the judging that makes me uneasy :P
      Captain America is a wise man :P
      I agree everyone has something to give..irrespective of who they're or what they do..I don't know about white males being from India but yeah men are blamed for historic repression..have you read The DaVinci Code? I was surprised to read how religion was changed so much by men in order to gain dominance over women D:
      Thank you very much :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Wow, it was a very interesting read.
    I love reading about history, although I've never come across the Amazons.
    I think both men and women are important and equally needed :)
    (To be honest, when I first started reading I thought you were talking about the site Amazon)

    Neeny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pfftt..lol That would've been quite interesting though..I think that Amazon is already ruling our world :P
      I was searching about them because of comics and the fact they crop up in show Supernaturals..so I found it was all real.
      It was all so fascinating reading about them :D

      Delete
  4. The post does ask a hard question - but I think there is a need for men; men and women tend to balance each other.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
  5. *multiple applauses to you for writing this post* I do believe men are necessary; the problem is that many people believe men are above women and that's something I would never understand. We are both equals and we must have the same opportunities. Sadly, the world is not equal. Let's hope things will keep changing for the better ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you *Hides blushing face*
      I hope so too..one day people would start seeing things above all the racism and sexism.
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. This. Neal you are so so brave and oh my goodness, this was such an interesting read. As you know, I'm only 10 years old but still I feel like we need both men and women to keep a balance in the world. This was truly amazing, saving this.

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for reading :)
      I think you're way too smart for 10 years I used to be so stupid at that age :P

      Delete
  7. Wonderful post! You always write your posts so great, they always suck me right in!! Everyone alive in this world is necessary, and deserves equality. As they say it, All men are created equal. It should really say, All people are created equal. Because honestly. the world would be a boring place if everyone was a woman, or everyone was a man. Men and women thrive off of each other and that's the beauty of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I don't usually write much in my posts..they're easy and fast to read..I like that thing about world being boring if everyone was a woman or everyone was a man I think that's quite true :)
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  8. Wow! Thank you for writing this! This is one of my favorite posts of yours! It's true that men and women are needed in this word. Men and women are different in some parts of the brain, and physically, but overall both genders aren't so different, and deserve to be treated equal. It's true that men and women work together to maintain our world. I'm young(only 10) but even though I haven't been alive for long, I've seen multiple incidents of sexism, racism, etc. If we could all just accept everyone around us, knowing that we all have equal opportunities, and what matters is how we use these opportunities, the world would be a much better place. And it's not just necessarily females that are treated unfairly. Both women and men are treated badly at times. And for more than just based on gender. There are all those judgement based on race, looks, richness, sexual orientation, etc. We just need to get past these and realize that every single person is needed in this world. We're all equal. Again, this was a great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're really smart for 10 years..equal opportunities are important really important and nobody should be denied that right :)
      Thank you very much I'm glad that you like it :)

      Delete
  9. This post! I wanna make a heart, but I'm refusing to do so...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Men are needed, I'd go crazy without men in my life. Most of my friends are guys and I find that it's easier to have fun with them, because they don't mind my dirty jokes, or to talk with them, because they aren't interested in talking about shoes, which results in having interesting conversations about politics and such. Men have a different point than women and I think it's a very bad thing to see the world only from a woman's perspective. History has proven that a man's perspective is far from perfect, but I think that there'd be a lot more diplomacy in the world if men and women combine their strenghts and opinions. It's like yin and yang: take the best of both and you'll get the best you can possibly get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we don't talk about shoes (most of us anyway)..girls appreciate dirty jokes as much as boys do but they just hide that I can never understand why.Politics I'm not that interested but I don't mind having discussions and I usually keep tabs on political news I think that's important.I don't why people have taken this post like I want to eliminate men or something it was just a thought that world would go on without men so we shouldn't do all the bad stuff we do to women and world in general.I think best result comes when everyone chips in more the point of views more problems are discovered more ways to handle them come forward.That Yin and Yang best possible example possible,you're wise Envy Fischer.

      Delete
  11. You definitely posed a very thought-provoking question, and being the type of person that reflects on these issues more often than I'd like to admit, I found it to be a very interesting exchange of views! You always hear women talking about feminism, equality, 'girl-power' etc, but it's a refreshing change to hear it from a man's perspective.

    I definitely take issue with men whom claim that women are the weaker sex. It's natural for some women to be 'masculine' and some men to be 'feminine'. It's just as natural as women being feminine and men being masculine, gender should not be the defining factor of who someone is! As well as the Greek Mythology (which I think is just beautiful!), Irish history and the Celts tells us a lot about women being in control, as well as men. Perhaps we could all take a note or two from those civilisations!

    Great post!

    Golden Ducklings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mythologies are kind of interesting I agree :)
      Half the people who talk about empowerment don't really mean it,harsh truth of society and no one seems to care as long as people talk about it.
      Thank you

      Delete
  12. I don't think we could live without men. The tension between us keeps us going and evolving and we all have some good and bad traits.
    I certainly know I couldn't do it, I prefer hanging out with boys, it's just easier and there's no drama. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy and less drama two very good points.Some good and bad traits I like how Envy explained it using Ying Yang as an example.Thank you :)

      Delete

So this is my comment box..you know what to do :D :D