Sunday, December 21, 2014

Movie Mania

Hi!
Happy Holidays to anyone who's going on Christmas holidays..and "Pfft Lol" for anyone who like me is not getting any holiday :P XD
You know what I like about holidays??the fact I'm free to do what I want I can leave work pending for tomorrow I don't have to study if I don't want to and the fact I can watch as many movies as I want..During holidays my torrent is always ONN downloading movies for me :D
So here are some movies I absolutely love : (5 in each genre)




ANIMATED : (One doesn't simply stop watching animated movies no matter how old)

  • How To Train Your Dragon 1+2
  • Frozen (I made elsa and anna recently will post soon)
  • The Lion King (whenever someone say lion king the song starts in my head "In the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight..." and then comes Hakuna Matata).
  • Up (this is what I'd like to draw next!!)
  • Despicable Me 1+2 (Agnes is so cool )
FAMILY : (These movies are simply beautiful makes you feel good about life and stuff)
  • We Bought a Zoo (This is also a biography)
  • Home Alone (1+2)
  • It's a Wonderful Life (Classic movie)
  • Hachi: A dogs Tale (based on a true story)
  • Jumanji (First english movie I ever saw and I immediately fell in love with it)
ADVENTURE : (Just when you need to chill after a hard day and not think too much )
  • Bridge to Terabithia
  • Journey to the Centre of the Earth (The first one is cool)
  • Need for Speed (I like this one...why? "Science Bitch!" yes Aaron Paul !)
  • Big Fish (this movie is fantastic Tim Burton rocks!)
  • Life of Pi (you feel nice after this one)
ROMANCE : (I love these movies but no one knows because I make sure I'm alone when I watch them)
  • Little Manhattan (I can so relate to this one..most of us can)
  • Titanic (I don't think I need a reason for this one)
  • 50/50 (Oh man this movie!)
  • Silver Linings Playbook ("Watch for the signs" that quote )
  • Flipped (kids love story some might think creepy but some are sweet like this one)
  • Love and Other Drugs (I can't believe I was so reluctant to watch this one)
HEARTBREAKING : (I didn't cry watching these movies would be a big fat lie..I prefer to watch these also alone)
  • Now is Good (Okay actress is really annoying but this movie is nice)
  • The Pursuit of Happyness (The only movie you might like Jaden Smith)
  • Seven Pounds (I felt sad for Will Smith in this)
  • Never Let Me Go (Okay..I admit it I cried alot in this one T_T but I love this movie)
  • One Flew Over Cuckoo's Nest (This one is so funny and cool until...)
DRAMA : (These movies are simple yet brilliant!)
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • Fight Club (not simple but it is all kinds of amazing I love the ending)
  • Prestige (Batman Vs Wolverine nough said)
  • Dallas Buyers Club (this movie *_*)
  • The Help (You is kind you is smart you is important)
THRILLER/MYSTERY : (Best part is you always end up getting excited in these movies due to all the guessing)
  • Sherlock Holmes (both)
  • Se7en
  • Fight Club
  • The Usual Suspects (you need to stick with it until end to realize what a great movie it is)
  • A Wednesday (hindi but kind of awesome!)
HORROR : (Is there anything better than watching a horror movie late into night??)
  • The Woman in Black
  • The Conjuring
  • 1408 (Stephen King rules!)
  • The Shining ( Here's Johnny!!!!)
  • 13B (hindi)
SCI - FICTION : (Sci-fic is awesome escape the mundane life and watch something amazing!)
  • Star Trek (new one- no offence to anyone :P)
  • Interstellar
  • I am Legend
  • Donnie Darko
  • Back to the Future Trilogy (this movie series is wow!)
BOOK BASED MOVIES : (Come on who doesn't love these movies?)
  • Harry Potter (Tell me you didn't see this coming :P)
  • Hunger Games Series
  • Lords of the Ring Series (freaking 3 hour epicness!)
  • The Book Thief (this movie is spectacularly beautiful!)
  • Hobbit Series
TEENAGERS : (Like drama in your teen life wasn't enough but you welcome this drama unlike yours)
  • 10 Things I Hate About You (I absolutely love this movie)
  • Perks of Being a Wallflower (one of my all time favourtie)
  • It's Kind of a Funny Story
  • Dead Poets Society (Do you realize how beautiful this movie is?)
  • Speak (The only Kristen Stewart movie I like)
BIOGRAPHIES/TRUE STORIES : (I love movies based on true events)
  • Dallas Buyers Club
  • The Social Network
  • Moneyball
  • Julie & Julia
  • 8 Miles
  • Harry Potter (Your argument is INVALID!!)
MUSICAL : (When life got you down why not sing?)
  • Les Miserable
  • High School Musical (only 1 rest are shit)
  • Step Up (Not exactly musical but still)
  • Enchanted
  • The Nightmare before Christmas
COMEDY : (laughing is the best medicine)
  • 21 + 22 Jump Street
  • Hangover
  • Anchorman
  • Horrible Bosses
  • 3 Idiots (Hindi - Watch this movie..you might have to add subtitles to understand but it is like awesome)
SPORTS : (most are biographies as well and more than just sports they are inspiring)
  • We are Marshalls (biography as well)
  • Coach Carter
  • The Blind Side
  • Remember the Titans
  • Lagaan (Hindi this movie went for Oscar didn't win though) (Fun fact - Det. Lance from TV Show Arrow was negative role in this movie)
JOHNNY DEPP : (yes some people are a whole different genre)
  • Edwards Scissorhands (Innocent movie!)
  • Sweeney Todd : Demon Barber of Fleet Street (I got nothing but respect for Tim Burton)
  • Chocolat (I fell in love with the minute I read the name)
  • Finding Neverland (True story on how writer Sir JM Barrie got inspired to write Peter Pan..this movie is womderful brilliant beautiful faboulous I love this movie!)
  • Public Enemy
TOM HANKS : (He is so fabulous!)
  • Forrest Gump (Mama said stupid is as stupid does)
  • The Green Mile (stephen king's brilliance with Tom Hank's magic!)
  • Saving Mr.Banks (Relation between Mary Poppins, it's writer and Walt Disney)
  • The Terminal (if you didn't like Tom Hanks before you like after)
  • Apollo 13 (True story of Apollo 13)
LEONARDO DICAPRIO : (Just give him an Oscar already)
  • Catch Me If You Can (This one is so cool)
  • What's Eating Gilbert Grape (It got Johnny Depp too)
  • Shutter Island (I was like WWWHHAAATT!! towards the end!)
  • Wolf of Wallstreet (Biography)
  • Inception (I'm not sure what's real and what's dream anymore)
Tell me about what movies you like??Any favourties in these??

Thanks.

24 comments:

  1. You have loads of great movies listed here! I have to say that I also sing the song whenever anyone says The Lion King hahahahaha
    I think I'm gonna marathon the Lord of the Rings movies as well. I saw the last Hobbit movie and I need to watch the others so badly. God, those movies are everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOTR marathon? 3 movies each over 3 hours making it atleast 11 hours wow..that is something..please tell me if you achieve this great feat! :D
      Let's just sing then!
      "in the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight..."

      Delete
  2. I love the Lion King, Inception and Shutter Island. You have so many great picks.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who doesn't love Lion King!!Hakuna Matata!
      I was so shocked when I saw Inception and Shutter Island for the first time :D

      Delete
  3. I've seen and love about 90% of these movies!! Great picks!

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks..well these movies are brilliant!

      Delete
  4. These are all great movies! I love most of them, especially Titanic, Home Alone, Back to the Future, all of your Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio movies and all of your book based movies!
    I have also started downloading Flipped, because it's just too cute :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Flipped is really sweet :)
      They kind of killed it in Home Alone 3 :/ still the first 2 are awesome :)
      You should try Tom Hanks movies if you haven't he is as brilliant as J.Depp and Leo DiCaprio :D

      Delete
  5. Great photos ! :)
    www.blog017.blogspot.com
    Kisses from Poland ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nnot that I don't appreciate the compliment but either you misspelled post or you're talking about some other post this one got no photos...but thanks anyway. :)

      Delete
  6. I've been so busy these days, haven't been on your blog for ages!
    Such a great list, I'm about to check out some of the movies you've mentioned here!
    Have a wonderful Christmas:)
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I noticed your absence on blogosphere :)
      Glad you're back :D
      Yeah these movies are awesome!
      You have a wonderful Christmas too :D :D

      Delete
  7. 1408! That's like my favorite King movie EVER. I almost died watching it (fourteen years old back then and afraid of my own shadow) but now I'm like fangirling over it every time someone brings up horror movies:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha XD
      Try The Shining it's even better!it's like the best horror movie ever! :D

      Delete
    2. I've read the book and... Wait, I think I've seen the movie too. Yeah, I've seen that one too. Personally, I like 1408 better because it had more supernatural creepiness to it than The Shining.

      Delete
    3. Well yeah that's true...To be frank Jack Nicholson is the reason I like it more not the story not the thrill and horror but Jack Nicholson :P
      On the other hand 1408 had Sam. Jackson! :D

      Delete
  8. nice list of movies....your list will keep me busy for a week... thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I'll try to watch a few of them soon. Happy Holidays!! :)

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      A very Happy Holidays to you too :D :D

      Delete
  10. Hey there! These movies are great! Haha, Harry Potter in the true-stories list! :) I've never watched any Hindi/Bollywood movies before, but the only one I can remember is Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. Have you heard of that? Anyway, great list, I actually watched most of the movies here. I especially love the Silver Linings Playbook. Just watched it recently. Looking forward to the Frozen and Up drawings!

    Dian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I don't think there is any Indian who hasn't seen Kuch Kuch Hota Hai..That is one fine movie :D Yes Harry Potter is a true story XD :P Silver Linings Playbook is lovely :)

      Delete
  11. I love Big Fish! I hardly ever find anyone who's actually seen it xD
    A lot of awesome movies up there!

    - Love, Felicia
    ( http://asillygirlsthoughts.weebly.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the first person I know who has seen this movie!
      I love Big Fish too :D

      Delete

So this is my comment box..you know what to do :D :D