Tuesday, December 16, 2014

2k14 TOP 5

Hi!
So we are half way through the last month of 2014...you feel that??another year has gone by..this is the time we start asking ourselves how much our lives changed in the past year..So this post I'm gonna take different categories..different topics and choose top 5 in them...
Not necessarily in order



Discovering Things About Myself :
1. I've finally came around the fact me and Apple aren't really friends anymore..I never showed it before and it seemed I couldn't care less we talked or not but to be frank it was never off my mind..now it's not much..infact only time I think about her is when I make comics that too because I have too.
2. I found my passion..this might sound weird but 2 years of college and I had no idea what I wanted to do..now I do.
3. I started holding back on my sarcasm..I actually had to try for a couple of months before I started this blog (don't judge me :P).
4. I am happier :)
5. I've started blocking out stupid people.

Things I learned this year :
1. HTML
2. Photoshop
3. Blogging
4. CSS
5. To bake chips :P

New Things I did This Year :
1. Started participating more.
2. Sketched more..It felt awesome..I sketched all the time during younger years but kind of stopped during 11th 12th class due to all the academic pressure.
3. Volunteered at an organisation called Teach For India which teaches poor kids who cannot afford education for free..I volunteered and taught them to draw and make comics for an event..it was just the best feeling...will tell you more about it some other time.
4. Started being more friendly.
5. Started this blog - this blog is my life...and every regular reader is my friend :)


Things I Wish I Would've Done This Year :
1. Tell some people that they can just go away..they can stop existing.
2. Wasted less time.
3. Learn a language (I so wanna learn a new language)
4. Taken less time to get my life on track.
5. Ask someone out :P

Books I read:
1. Harry Potter (all of them..cheating I know :P)
2.Perks of Being a Wallflower.
3. Game of Thrones (Other book in the series A Song of Ice and Fire are awesome as well but there's something about the first book mostly because all my favourite characters are alive in this one ).
4. Hunger Games
5. The DaVinci Code - Must read!!this book is bloody brilliant! :D

Good Movies Released 2014:
1. How To Train Your Dragon 2 - keep calm and train your dragon people!!! :D
2. The Faults in Our Star - I like the story...would love to read the book :)
3. Guardians of the Galaxy - This movie..this movie..this MOVIEEE!!!!
4. Captain America : Winter Soldier
5. Interstellar


Bad Movies Released 2014 :
1. Transformers : Age of Extinction.
2. Godzilla.
3. Under the Skin.
4. Noah
5. They Came Together

Actors :
1. Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man 3)
2. Neil Patrick Harris ( For being NPH!!)
3. Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock)
4. Mathew McConaughey (True Detective, Interstellar)
5. Bradley Cooper (Guardians of the Galaxy)




Actress :
1. Scarlett Johansson (Captain America : Winter Soldier)
2. Jennifer Lawrence (Hunger Games : Mockingjay part 1, x-men : days of future past)
3. Lena Headey (Game of Thrones)
4. Anne Hathaway (Interstellar)
5. Emma Watson (need reason?) (I hope she know I heart her ^_^)


TV Shows :
1. True Detective (S1)
2. Arrow (S2-3)
3. The Flash (S1)
4. Game of Thrones (S4)
5. House of Cards (S2)

Band/Artist (all time) :
1. Maroon 5
2. Justin Timberlake
3. Snow Patrol
4. Imagine Dragons
5. Eminem

Blogs I liked this year : (I'm gonna cheat again and put down 15 instead of 5 :P)
1, Journey of a Beating Heart
2. A Silly Girl's Thought
3. Picking Up The Pieces
4. The Emo Wolverine Writes + The Lunar Descent
5. Lizzie's Daily Diary
6. A Sea Change
7. Cloudy Dreams
8. Upwards
9. Unadorned Gifts
10. When She Writes
11. Golden Duckling
12. Smiles no matter
13. The Life of Little Me
14. A Day in Bookland
15. Teenage Blogger Central

I got the idea from When She Writes post but then I realized I'm not capable of that, so I used her idea and turned it into something in my comfort zone :P

How was your year??

Thanks.

30 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for mentioning my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention - can I use this post idea for my own blog?

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for mentioning me! This idea is quite lovely and I might use it for my own post if it's okay? I must confess I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy, I know I know I'm horrible but I was on holiday and I couldn't go to the movies =( but I'm planning on watching it once it comes out in DVD in Spain because I love Marvel and I know I'm gonna love this one so much! Also, the premise of *Teach for India* is absolutely brilliant! Such a good cause ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. idea..It's not mine :P but yeah I think that would be alright :)
      Guardians of the Galaxy is awesome :)

      Delete
  4. Really great post! It seems you've had a pretty great year :)

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. you took the idea and made it even better!! There is something I can relate to in each category! thank you for the mention, will definitely be including you in my favourite bloggers post I will be doing soon! Also you thoughtful comments are always appreciated on my blog :)
    http://whenshewrites-theblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I did something like what you did that was better :D
      Glad you could relate :)

      Delete
  6. This is such a nice idea! Overall you seem to have had a pretty good year. Also, thank you for the mention :)

    -Kathie K
    http://climbingthroughtomorrow.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, great post, love it!
    I follow you on GFC , hope you will follow me back!
    Thanks!
    www.descude.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! It's nice to look back on the year and see how much you've changed, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another year down...
    Looks like you had quite a year. I haven't had a chance yet to look back and reflect and I'm not sure if I really want to. I mean a LOT happened!
    Teach for India sounds like an excellent experience.
    And I don't think there is anything wrong with sarcasm. Maybe a bit rude but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed. I use it all the time.
    The perks of being a Wallflower is one of my all time favourite books!!!!
    You should definitely read TFiOS ^_^
    Happy (early) New Year :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perks of Being a Wallflower is awesome..TFiOS is totally on my TBR list I'm kind of re-reading Harry Potter series for like 6th time :D
      Yeah had to practice for that line only :P
      Teach for India is amazing :D
      A very Happy New Year to you too :) :)

      Delete
  10. I think it's so cool that you volunteered at Teach for India! That sounds like quite the experience- I'd absolutely love to have done that.
    I loved Interstellar and hated Transformers! Me and my friends were watching it and about quarter-way through we'd given up trying to take it serious and were just pointing out the ads to each other. (It was okay because we were the only ones in the hall.) Bad film, but good memory. :)
    Thank you so so much for mentioning my blog! ^:^ That really means a lot to me.
    2014 went by so quickly: much faster than all the other years (as far as I can remember). But 2015 sounds so alien to say... Happy New Year Neal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teach for India was so good!! I would love to do that again :D
      Transformers was simply shit..they totally wasted like 3 hours it is so boring and so long..I actually hoped they all would die towards the end :P yeah friends make stupid movies fun as well :)
      Had to mention your blog it is so cool :)
      This year did seem to go by in a hurry I'm not yet comfortable to say goodbye to 2014.

      Delete
  11. This was a great idea! Including best movies/books etc is something I would have never thought of including in a 2014 post! Thanks for including me in your top blogs, the compliment is returned!

    Volunteering at Teach for India is something to be really proud of! That is so inspirational! :D
    Golden Ducklings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know none of the book was new and Harry Potter was included just because it is Harry Potter :P
      I like your blog had to include it :)
      Yeah Teach for India is amazing! :D

      Delete
  12. I'm glad you're happier (:

    - Love, Felicia
    ( http://asillygirlsthoughts.weebly.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there Neal!

    I love Marvel movies! I've only watched Guardians of the Galaxy but not Captain America. Do you read any Marvel comic books? My sister is reading Ms Marvel right now, and she says it's brilliant. I'm a pretty big superhero fan, I like some superheroes in DC and in Marvel, I think they're really cool. :) I also saw your comic book illustrations - they're really creative!

    Looks like you had a great 2014! All the best for 2015! :)

    Dian
    thehappycandle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :D
      Ohhh...you should totally watch Captain America...I read alot of comics..I'm a huge fan myself :D
      Thanks you!You are kind :)
      All the best to you too for 2015 :D

      Delete
    2. Thanks! :) And I watch The Flash too! Barry Allen is great! :)

      Delete
    3. I wrote Thanks you above XD
      Yeah The Flash is awesome :)

      Delete
  14. This is a great look back on your year. It sounds like you've done so much.
    I really want to learn a language too, but I don't really know what to learn. Stupid ol' me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am kind of confused between french, Italian and spanish...I think french is the one I would like the most though but I just don't get enough time..:)

      Delete

So this is my comment box..you know what to do :D :D