Thursday, November 6, 2014

Homemade Potato Chips

Hi!
So we all love to eat potato chips..right..who doesn't..you buy a bag of chips open it and before you know it is empty..:P :)
So yesterday...I tried to make some chips at home :D I saw how to do it on internet...:D :D
So all you need is potato and a microwave mostly...(I don't know name of all the utensils and all I just know how to use them :P :P)







How to :
1. Cut potato into slices like chips..I used a special cutter which cuts stuff into thin chips like shape.
2. Spread all the slices/chips on a plate/Microwavable paper (parchment paper?) don't use grill (I used it :P almost burned down the whole microwave and probably the kitchen :P :P)
3. apply a little oil (whichever you prefer) on both side and add flavour to it...eg.salt,pepper,honey,garlic paste/powder,onion paste/powdered,chilli flakes, oragano, etc whatever you want to..I made 2 batches one simple salted and one salted with pepper.
4. put the paper in microwave (in my case grill).
5. Microwave it for 3-5 minutes as per required if you use microwave at high voltage it'll burn the chips and they won't taste good so don't try tasting it (personal experience :P :P)
6. try checking in how they are coming along every minute or two just to be sure they won't burn
7. If you use a grill..well the minute you start seeing sparks inside microwave switch it off and don't wait for the sparks to return again and see what is causing them..trust me :P
8. When they look crispy take them out and add any extra flavour if you want to else just eat them you deserve them after all the hard work :D
9. If they get burned don't give up try another batch.
10. If that also doesn't comes out right go to a market and buy a bag of chips and pretend you never tried making chips XD

My first batch was bad..:P :P most of them caught fire on grill :P :P...Second batch was alright I checked in on them every minute and flipped them so that they won't get extra baked from one side..So the final product was decent enough and it was so cool to make them at home with a more of those average batches I might even get a good tasting batch...

If you try and have any new tip to share please do I'd love to know about it because I've shared all of mine...
1. No grill use 2. Don't burn Kitchen down 3. Try to check up on them every minute or two 4. don't leave a part un-oiled?(Is that a word?) it'll get burned for sure 5. Try to use a microwavable paper (I think they're called parchment paper)


Thanks,
Neal Kind

6 comments:

  1. They sound delicious - I'll have to try them - hopefully without accidents :)

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha.. ^_^ :P
      2nd batch was alright to eat didn't burned them :P :P

      Delete
  2. Whaaaaaat, I'm so trying this!!

    - Love, Felicia
    ( http://asillygirlsthoughts.weebly.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha :D
      IF you do..would love to read(Can't hear in comments:P) your experience :D

      Delete
  3. So I've made these now about 20 times and they are delicious! Thank you for the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete

So this is my comment box..you know what to do :D :D